* The Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission finalize customer margin rules for single-stock futures products.
* BTEX traded its one-millionth contact on July 22.
* The Brut ECN completes a FIX interface to SunGard's Decalog trade-order management system.
* Thomson Financial acquires privately held TowersData.
* Neovest enters into a distribution deal with Dow Jones Newswires to offer the Dow Jones News Service as an optional service on its professional trading software.
* Michael Danziger has joined the Fair Disclosure Financial Network, where he will work on strategic planning and business development for the company.
* TradeCapture launches its ICTS Symphony trading and risk-management system for multi-commodity markets.
* Tanya Styblo Beder joins the Professional Risk Managers' International Association's Blue Ribbon Advisory Panel.
* EVault opens two new electronic vaults and expands into the Atlanta and Cincinnati metropolitan areas.
* Eagle announces the availability of Eagle PACE Third Edition.
* SFF Investment Funds goes live with GLOBAL PORTFOLIO II.
* Summit Investment Partners selects FMCPacer and FMCPages for portfolio accounting and client reporting.
* FPK goes live with an ISO 15022 messaging solution created in-house using HelioGraph tools.
* Tokyo-Mitsubishi International PLC invests in SunGard ePI's intelliMATCH EP solution to achieve end-to-end STP.
* Mercator Software, Inc., announces the availability of new products for Web services.
* The Fimat Group promotes Wessel van der Scheer to managing director of its Asian zone.
* FleetBoston Financial makes its InvestmentLink application available to its institutional customers.
* Triple Point Technology launches version 2.0 of Power XL.
* The Chicago Board of Trade names Steven Dickey Vice President of Market Data products.
* S&P expands its offering of Certificate of Deposit information to include independent evaluations both domestic and foreign bank CDs in addition to Index-linked CDs.
* Caplin Systems and weComm team up to deliver real-time market data to wireless devices.
* Fitch Risk Management agrees to acquire the NetRisk and its OpVantage subsidiary.
* Goldman Sachs is spearheading the creation of a company to operate a shared database of public information to identify and manage the risk associated with financial crime.
* BITA Plus Consultants will now operate as COR Risk Solutions.
* Financial Models Company Inc. selects FMCPacer for portfolio accounting and FMCPages for client reporting.
* Waddell & Reed, Inc. extends its technology contract with Impact Technologies Group, Inc. for the company's Wealth Strategies financial-planning software.
* Macgregor signs an alliance agreement with dbConcert.
* Wilco International announces the global delivery of its ISO 15022 Swift solution for the Gloss range of products.
* CheckFree Financial and Compliance Solutions and Syllog, Inc. announce a partnership to create an interface from CheckFree's RECON Securities system to SSB solution.
* Mercator Software, Inc. announces that it is reporting preliminary second-quarter revenue of approximately $27 million.
Costa Elected President of GSCC/MBSCC; ISE Elects Guardian CIO as New Vice Chairman; JPMorgan Executive Named to Standards Board
Ameritrade Connects to Institutions; Accounting for Aggregation; New Wealth-Management Platform
Not saving enough money with your outsourcing strategy? Try sending application development offshore.
Risk Spending Ramps Up
Risk spending is on the rise as financial-services firms take an enterprise-wide approach to risk management.
Market-Data Management in the Spotlight
Market-data gurus gathered recently to share their experiences and insight into market-data-management issues. Take a look at some of the key issues discussed at the WS&T event.
Cooking Up New Broker Workstations
It's time to refresh broker workstations. But this time, major full-service firms have sent out RFPs to vendors to develop integrated platforms with financial planning, CRM and other advisory tools. In tough economic times -- outsourcing is no longer a dirty word.
E-mail communications are at the center of ongoing investigations into analyst/investment-banking conflicts of interest. As a result, new technology is hitting the market to help financial-services firms capture, store and retrieve electronic messages.
THE BEAT ON THE STREET
IT Department Responsible for 36 percent of BCPs
trends & highlights; Gomez Advisors Ranks Brokerage Web Sites; Direct-Access Usage Will Increase to 35 percent of U.S.-Equity Trading.
When it comes to the crucial area of career development, information is the most important commodity available to the financial-technology executive; Great Article on the Patriot Act.
Doing More With Less
Analyst Henry Blodget's improprieties have caused NY's Attorney General and the Securities and Exchange Commission to crack down on Wall Street - forcing firms to show they have the proper technology in place to retrieve and archive all electronic communications.
* CME postpones the launch of Eagle, a project that will enable participants to electronically trade calendar spreads.
* Thomson Financial signs a licensing agreement with NeoVision Hypersystems.
* IntercontinentalExchange signs a deal to acquire the assets of CommodityLogic.
* Scottrade is providing its customers with free access to Dow Jones Real-Time News for Investors.
* Brown Brothers Harriman launches a new Web-based system for clients to manage real-time corporate actions.
* Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation selects Sybase's PATRIOTcompliance solution.
* Egar Technology releases a Web-based analytical tool for equity and equity options traders.
* TD Securities taps NumeriX for a project to develop an enhance derivatives trading and risk management system.
* BPC announces the appointment of Swedish consultancy and services group Proventek as the exclusive distributor for BPC products in the Nordic region.
* DrKW selects CameronFIX for trading on the Euronext exchange.
* PFPC Inc. extends its 12-year relationship with Seligman Data Corp.
* REY Consulting licenses WebQuery.
* Gloria Kristorian is elected managing director of ADM by the DTCC.
* HelioGraph announces the signing of a distributor agreement with NIWS Co., Ltd.
Costs Are A Big Issue in Clearing Space
When it comes clearance and settlement technology, firms notice two things: "The market is not that good right now. People are looking to cut costs anyway they can."
STP, T+1 and the Back Office
What if the Securities and Exchange Commission decides to subsequently mandate the move to a one-day-settlement cycle?