Chase Taps Oracle Financial Software
JP Morgan Chase embarks on a four-year development of an integrated, global financial- accounting system built around Oracle's E-Business suite.
The AMEX signs a deal to use Infosys Technologies' IDCE; The London Clearing House selects onExchange's Extensible Clearing System; optionsXpress launches Xspreads.
CQG provides Thomson IFR Markets global news and analysis on CQG terminals; Kx Systems supports FTP downloads of NYSE trade and quote data; Iverson Financial Systems releases its Global ETF Monitor for Exchange Traded Funds.
Reuters now markets Kiodex's Risk Workbench risk- management platform; Sun Microsystems releases its Enterprise Continuity solution; The Professional Risk Managers International Association hosts online discussion forum.
Trace Datawise Financial Limited signs an agreement with APT Computer Systems to integrate APT's FIX engine with Trace's MPF product suite; Macgregor announces the appointment of Gary Plotkin, as vice president, Professional Services; PFPC Inc. enters an exclusive-service agreement to market and provide the ADVISORport managed-account platform to managed-account sponsors nationwide.
* Dexia Bank Belgium selects intelliMATCH EP to consolidate automatic processing, reconciliation and exception processing; Emerging Markets Clearing Corporation begins processing corporate-debt issues from more than 50 emerging markets; Shadow Financial Systems announces the successful implementation of ShadoSuite.
The CSE, Boston Stock Exchange and Montreal Exchange sign deals to use networking technology supplied by Radianz; OneChicago postpones its launch to Nov. 8; CME and KOFEX sign a Memorandum of Understanding to pursue joint business development initiatives in derivatives products.
CQG includes Tullett Financial Information's SwapMarkerNorthAmerica on its terminals; ABN Amro implements Xenomorph's market data warehousing solution within its relative value research group; Reuters launches version 11.0 of its StockVal System for equity analysis and portfolio management.
PeopleSoft releases version 8.8 of its Enterprise Performance Management solution; Lombard Risk Systems releases its FirmRisk Collateral application; QSR Management licenses Principia Parnters' Principia System.
* CMC announces its FIX Client API now supports .net and C#; Financial Fusion Inc. announces the support in TradeForce GlobalFIX for Euronext; Putnam Investments announces plans to introduce the Putnam Individual 401(k) plan in early November.
John W. Cummings is elected to The DTCC's Board of Directors; ABN AMRO's Private Client Asset Management division selects Mercator to integrate operations at the bank's regional hubs in Luxembourg, Paris and Singapore; La Caja de Ahorros y Pensiones de Barcelona commences live operations on its Gloss solution for securities and corporate-actions processing.
* HyperFeed will deliver data to Reuters Market Data System customers; * The Intercontinental Exchange forms The10x Group, a market-data services company; * Cicada launches its Information Integrity Services.
* SurfControl launches version 4.5 of its SurfControl E-mail Filter; * Fulcrum Global Partners implements FaceTime's IM Auditor for instant messaging compliance for its institutional traders; * Kiodex releases an enhanced version of its Kiodex Risk Workbench platform.
* Allegiance Capital selects the Macgregor Financial Trading Platform to automate its fixed-income trading; * Bessemer Trust licenses the LongView Trading System for firm-wide use; * Rosenblatt Securities uses TransactTools platform technology to provide direct, electronic connectivity to the NYSE.
* Kathy Ball-Toncic becomes Omgeo 's executive director, global STP partners program; * Wilco International announces the upgrade of its CHESS; * SIA uses HelioGraph technology to power its new order-routing and execution-confirmation service, FinestWay.
* The Chicago Mercantile Exchange will launch Eagle -- an application that permits electronic calendar spread trading on the exchange's Globex trading;
* NeoNet builds an electronic interface to Nasdaq's SuperMontage order-display and execution network;
* BTEX appoints a new chairman and vice chairman.
* Moneyline Telerate extends its network services contract with Savvis through 2009;
* Rick Snape has joined SunGard Market Data Systems as its new president;
* Lincoln Financial Advisors/Sagemark Consulting partners with StatementOne for data-aggregation services.
* Algorithmics releases its latest version of Algo Suite for enterprise-wide risk management.
* Mitsubishi Corp.'s Energy Business Group selects TradeCapture's ICTS Symphony solution for integrated, multi-commodity trading and risk management.
* The SIA will hold its BCP Conference and Exhibition October 29-30 in New York.
Web Services Slowly Catching On
Although the financial-services industry has been somewhat skeptical about Web services, institutions are slowly warming up to the concept.
The paper-intensive account-opening process can be a major burden at financial institutions, especially when it comes to separately managed accounts.
Can Web Services Live Up to the Hype?
For some time, Web services has been creating a buzz at financial institutions as the new technology which can tie systems and counter parties together. Slow adoption, however, is making many wonder if the promise will ever live up to the hype.
Electronic Revolution Pits ISE vs. Floor-Driven Exchanges
The all-electronic International Securities Exchange has taken the U.S.-options industry by storm, offering clients cheap costs and open access. But floor-based markets, such as the CBOE and PCX, are now fighting back with significant technology initiatives.
The Beat On The Street
Profitability Shift in Wealth Management, Spotlight on CRM; CRM Spending Grows But Problems Abound.
* BB&T Capital Markets and Galway Securities Corporation sign deals to use ASP.
* BrokerTec Clearing Company appoints a new chairman and vice chairman.
* Trade Information Exchange is now available to institutions.
* S&P re-launches its Web site for users to access the full range of S&P data and analytics.
* Aleri forms an alliance with Capco to offer improved data integration solutions.
* Moneyline Telerate now provides IBM's Finance Foundation system with applications from its Market Information Server product line.
* SAS launches a new anti-money laundering solution along with the introduction of its Financial Services Practice.
* The SIA will hold its Business-Continuity Planning Conference and Exhibition October 29-30.
* Allegiance Capital selects the Macgregor Financial Trading Platform to automate its fixed-income trading.
* ING Ferri selects and implements GlobalFIX in its project for electronic routing of orders using FIX.
* Cameron Systems announces that Financial Fusion's European Sales and Technical Directors have joined Cameron Systems to spearhead further expansion into Europe.
* 10 new organizations sign on to use Omgeo CTM.
* Swiss bank, Bank Wegelin & Co. Privatbankiers select its intelliMATCH for automatic processing, matching and reconciliation of cash nostro accounts, trades and holdings, and FX and money-market confirmations.
Achieving STP Today
STP is a strategic imperative today and is required by all financial institutions in order to achieve operating efficiencies, and reduce costs and operational risk.
Manufacturing a New Approach to STP
Financial Enterprise Software is an intelligent new approach to the challenges facing the financial sector that draws on the best ERP practices, technologies and solutions.
Sun Enables STP Efficiency Across the Entire Securities Value Network
The removal of a fixed date for the transition to T+1 actually serves as a reminder that STP is a journey, not a destination. Smart financial institutions will continue to push for more efficiency and cost effectiveness in the management of trades throughout the entire lifecycle.