* EDF Trading Limited installs programmable trading telephones from Syntegra.
* Gain Capital launches a mobile FX application dubbed Gain wireless.
* The IntercontinentalExchange launches an electronic trade confirmation application.
* Thomson Financial and Grand Central Communications partner to deliver Web services to the financial community.
* Advent Europe and FT Interactive Data team up to deliver financial information to investment managers thorough a data-feed interface.
* The Financial Information Services Division of the Software Information Industry Association selects Gemini Systems to managing its billing/reporting facilitation project.
* The Global Association of Risk Professionals announce new management changes and a return to its non-profit status.
* Wall Street Systems launch a new interest rate derivatives module.
* EFG Private Bank Luxembourg is live with GLOBAL PORTFOLIO II and its Web module.
* CheckFree Corporation announces revenues of $124.6 million for the third quarter.
* Thomson Financial and Advent technologies are trying to level the information and technology playing field for investment managers.
* Omgeo announces that 12 additional firms sign on as "Early Adopters."
* Mercator Software, Inc. signs a partnership agreement with Omgeo LLC.
* Trema announces that Bank of Valletta p.l.c. selects Finance KIT to streamline its business processes across its front-, middle- and back-off
* International Securities Exchange elects Ivers W. Riley as the company's chairman.
* NeoNet offers its clients a direct-electronic interface to the Euronext-owned stock market in Brussels.
* Hotspot FX files a registration to become a futures commission merchant with the Commodity Trading Futures Commission.
* Thomson Financial partners with CCN and Fair Disclosure Network to provide conference call summaries and transcripts.
* Capital IQ and The Deal form a strategic alliance for future products and initiatives.
* Ed Mollahan is appointed to the Private Equity Standards Board.
* Moneyline Telerate provides its market-data feed, workstation and Internet customers with access to Salomon Analytics' Yield Book Calculator.
* SAS will launch a new version of SAS Risk Management solution later this quarter.
* Decisioneering and Dataskill partner to develop Stochastic Modeling Workbench.
* Bonaire Software Solutions announced a strategic alliance with Javelin Technologies.
* Close Brothers Limited selects GIS and its product, MFACT for its mutual-fund accounting and administration services.
* TD Waterhouse Institutional Services and Advent announce they have formed an alliance.
* BrokerTec Clearing Company and GSCC announce that cross-margining between the two clearing organizations will begin April 19, 2002.
* Computer Sciences Corporation's operations and Wilco International announce that they enter into a strategic-alliance.
* James J. Mitchell, president of WWOT plans to retire on May 31, 2002; Timothy J. Theriault, executive vice president and chief technology officer, will succeed him.
Outsourcing: The Coming Wave in Investment Management
Outsourcing becomes a hot topic in the investment management industry, because of market downturn and intensified competition for assets; investment managers are evaluating their core competencies and looking to hand off those areas which are unnecessary to keep in-house.
CSFB Reorganizes Global IT and Operations; CIO To Leave
Credit Suisse First Boston's Chief Information Officer Frank Fanzilli announces his plans to leave the firm. CSFB announces a major restructuring of its information technology organization via an internal memo sent to the firm's 28,000 employees.
GSTPA's Crosby Answers Industry Concerns
Following the announcement of major restructuring, the GSTPA's Steven Crosby answered questions at a recent industry conference about the future of Axion4, new outsourcing plans and the utility's financial condition.
* Doug Atkin resigns from his post as president and chief executive officer of Instinet.
* Citibank, Deutsche Bank, and JPMorgan Chase sign agreements to become liquidity providers in FXall.
* Transaction Network Services roll out its voice solutions application to financial-services firms in Boston, Los Angeles and Toronto.
* HyperFeed Technologies provides international, streaming real-time market data for Sutton Trading Solutions' GlobalDAT trading applications.
* Fame appoints Dale Richards as CEO.
* Reuters acquires certain assets of Easetech Financial Systems for $9 million.
* Meridien finds that in order to comply with new requirements, financial services firms need to enhance risk-management systems to support operational- and credit-risk initiatives.
* Daishin Securities selects Kamakura's Kamakura Risk Manager-VaR for its market risk analysis.
* The Professional Risk Managers' International Association forms a new regional chapter in Venezuela.
* Indata announces that The Renaissance Group is now live with the Indata I.M.S. for Windows system.
* CheckFree Investment Services announces availability of MSP.
* Brut LLC implements the Financial Fusion Server with GlobalFIX in its production facilities.
* CME and GSCC announce that cross-margining between the two clearing organizations will begin on April 12.
* JPMorgan announces that the FIA appoints JPMorgan Investor Services as global custodian.
* Pat Loret de Mola, of TSI, announces that its electronic-settlement solution receives a Microsoft Tech-Ed Business Productivity Award in the Best Cross-Product Integration category.
Vendors Seek Wealth Management Holy Grail
William O'Conor has to figure out how to combine the vast array of Thomson's technology solutions and turn them into an integrated wealth-management platform that attracts firms looking to service the growing high-net-worth space.
Advisors Tool Up for Wealth Management
Wealth management is a new twist on financial management that factors in a person's total financial picture, including investments, debts, insurance, credit and lending affairs.
The Tangled Web of Deception
Bringing back memories of the Barings fall in the 1990s, major losses at Allfirst and Lehman Brothers highlight the importance of risk management and the attention financial firms should be paying to internal threats.
As Web sites mature, they often grow as well. Learn how one firm managed to keep its pages under control.
Shakeup at GSTPA
The GSTPA announces a new launch date, reveals restructuring plans and says it is in the market for a new data-center-service provider.
* eSpeed enters a long-term, non-exclusive licensing agreement with IntercontinentalExchange.
* SunGard Financial Networks and the Bolsa de Madrid forge a deal to provide an interface between the SunGard Transaction Network and Visual Trader.
* FIX Express Corp. launches e-mobile trader.
* Moneyline Telerate and Dow Jones Newswires agree to distribute financial market news and data to Telerate screens worldwide.
* Soliton Associates opens a London office and appoints Carl Jones to run the UK-based operation.
* Iris Financial Systems appoints Gerry Fernandez as sales manager of EMEA and Rebecca Bond as global head of marketing.
* The International Swaps and Derivatives Association will hold its 17th Annual General Meeting in Berlin, Germany April 16-19.
* ADVISORport announces an agreement with SunTrust Capital Markets, Inc. to provide its Web-based investment-consulting platform to Alexander Key.
* SunGard Securities Processing announces the release of Correspondent Portal 3.0.
* IDS announces the license of GIM2000 portfolio-management-software system.