* NeoNet builds an electronic interface to the Nasdaq Stock Market's trading network.
* Townsend Analytics launches MarketGauge.
* Computershare appoints Phillip DeFeo -- the chairman and chief executive of the Pacific Exchange -- to its board.
* Reuters enhances its FX, money-market and debt services to link live quotes to targeted news and analysis.
* eSignal expands its European content offering with the addition of new stock exchanges and historical and intraday European financial data.
* Alacra launches a new "Pay Per Book" pricing plan for its Alacra Book.
* SunGard Trading partners with Alpha Strategies to develope multi-factor portfolio-risk analysis for its Panorama solution.
* Kamakura releases Version 4.0 of its KRM risk management solution.
* The Professional Risk Managers' International Association forms a new regional chapter in Brazil.
* Matrix selects the Innovest Systems solution as a platform to support it's trust operations.
* Pekao Financial Services chooses MSHARE for its shareholder accounting and administration.
* The Rowan Group joins list of premier Professional Services Channel Partners.
* TD Waterhouse commences live operations on its Order STP order-validation and management system and its SUMMIT broker-client-accounting system.
* HelioGraph announces the appointment of two individuals to support the company's continued growth.
* Wilco International acquires German financial-software and services provider ISAM GmbH.
* Instinet Group Inc. and Citibank N.A. form an alliance that calls for the firms to jointly operate the Instinet FX Cross.
* The Brut ECN decides to post its Nasdaq quotes on the Nasdaq Stock Market's SuperMontage order-routing and execution network.
* Computershare Ltd names Jennifer LaGrow its head of U.S. sales.
* Reuters announces an agreement with Siebel Systems, Inc. that will enable financial professionals to develop deeper relationships with their clients.
* Global regulatory initiatives are driving the industry to take a unified approach to credit-risk management.
* TD Waterhouse joins Advent TrustedNetwork.
* Linedata Services chooses Financial Fusion Server with GlobalFIX to enhance its range of portfolio-management packages.
* HedgeWorld Limited announces an exclusive, online-distribution partnership with NCO Group.
* Euroclear, Clearstream International and The DTCC announce the launch of a new service.
* Shadow Financial Services licenses its product, ShadoSuite, to Pax Clearing.
* Wilco International announces that Michael Simmons has authored a book entitled Securities Operations -- A Guide to Trade and Position Management.
SEC To Float T+1 Conversion Proposal
Though the SIA says that conversion to T+1 now needs a closer examination, the SEC will check for itself by offering up a T+1 settlement proposal this summer.
Direct Access Extends its Reach
Celent Communications forecasts strong growth in volumes for direct access providers, based upon increasing usage among institutions and continued market fragmentation.
* Investment Technology Group appoints Robert Russel its new chief executive officer.
* Stockholm names Per Nordberg its chief financial officer.
* HSBC licenses FlexTrader.
* The Shanghai Stock Exchange taps Reuters to help build an enterprise-wide data warehouse.
* Thomson Financial launches its Thomson Analytics Web-based application with tools for using market data.
* Spending on risk-management technology is expected to outpace spending growth in most other areas of technology for the financial-service industry.
* Barra launches an enhanced version of its Aegis System for investment managers.
* JPMorgan deploys Application Networks' JRisk solution to develop its Credit Market risk-management system.
* TransactTools and Slam Dunk Networks announce a strategic alliance to provide a full trade-connectivity solution to the financial-services.
* The Nikko Securities Co. International Inc. selects SunGard's Decalog to support its alternative investment-management operations.
* CheckFree announces a further step in enabling its clients to achieve greater transparency in their trading workflow and straight-through processing.
* Blue Frog Solutions enters into an agreement with The DTCC to provide integrated and seamless access to DTCC's Mutual Fund and Insurance Services for both Internet and mainframe customers.
* DTCC's shareholders elect four new directors and re-elect 17 to serve on DTCC's Board of Directors.
* Capco announces the appointment of Predrag Dizdarevic as executive vice president and head of Capco Solutions.
The latest and greatest offerings from Wall Street's vendors.
In light of Sept. 11, mirroring data may be the way Wall Street firms ensure they can bounce back from a disaster.
WiFi Hits the Street
Wireless Fidelity (WiFi) is redefining mobility and Wall Street firms are jumping on the bandwagon to boost-worker productivity by installing wireless LANs with high-speed Internet access.
* BrokerTec Europe removes the interim tag from Garry Jones' chief executive and president titles.
* PHLX gives 100 of its employees the ability to access the exchange's internal applications remotely.
* Savvis and Neovest form a partnership.
* Pershing delivers real-time fund data to its investors through Standard & Poor's Fund Advisor product.
* Barclays Capital offers its proprietary research to professional investors via the researchsummary.com financial portal.
* Standard & Poor's ComStock establishes a partnership with Xinhua Financial Network in an effort to expand its operations in the Asian financial community.
* IBM launches a new application and data continuity service to safeguard customer networks, provide back-up systems for data and uninterrupted access to that data.
* Dr. Stephen Figlewski and Dr. Stephen Kealhofer join the Blue Ribbon Advisory Panel of the Professional Risk Managers' International Association.
* The International Swaps and Derivatives Association calls for participation for the Equity Derivatives Working group for the Financial-products Markup Language standard.
* Exane implements Financial Fusion Server with GlobalFIX as part of its electronic-routing project.
* SolutionForge is selected by Advent Software to provide an enhanced FIX-messaging module, based on its FIX.NET Server product.
* NYFIX revenues increase for the first quarter of 2002.
* HKEx and Wilco International Limited agree to form a joint venture to provide securities markets' transaction-processing services.
* HelioGraph joins the Omgeo Central Trade Manager Early Adopter Program.
* Omgeo and SWIFT announce a strategic agreement covering messages communication and standardization.
Charting a New Course
Financial services companies are re-assessing their relationships with Big-Five IT-consulting units as fallout from the Arthur Andersen-Enron accounting scandal raises questions about paying lucrative consulting fees to auditors that perform a dual role.
Wealth Management For the Masses
I think your article on Wealth Management was spot on. There's a void of effective service for the "middle market," which I would define as the $1-5 million net-worth range.
A New Look
Wall Street & Technology looks different; the redesign gives it a hipper, cleaner look, while still retaining the feel of a business magazine for the financial-services/technology professional.