It's amazing how quickly Wall Street firms have shifted their position on cloud computing. After several years of shunning the cloud for a lack of security, capital markets firms now acknowledge that they are aggressively pursuing cloud deployments.
But the cloud isn't without its dangers. The help you optimize your cloud strategy, the May digital edition of Wall Street & Technology analyzes the latest cloud developments and best practices, and examines how cloud computing is transforming the Street. This special digital edition of Wall Street & Technology is available for download now.
Access is free -- just click the "Go To Digital Issue" button below. If you haven't already signed up for Wall Street & Technology's digital editions or for exclusive digital content from one of our sibling brands in the InformationWeek Business Technology Network, you'll be asked to register. (Membership is free and takes only a few minutes.)
In This Issue:
- THE GREAT BUSINESS CASE IN THE SKY: The cloud promises lower costs, increased flexibility and improved performance. How can Wall Street resist?
- CLOUD REGULATION ON THE HORIZON: As cloud computing gains steam in the capital markets, regulators are certain to take action.
- BEWARE THE CLOUD: The cloud is the future, according to Larry Tabb. But as Amazon's recent cloud crash showed, it's not always safe.
- Why You Should Adopt Cloud
- IT Spending Soars on Cloud Investments
- Transformative Powers: The Cloud Spawns New Business Models
- Easing the Compliance Burden With Cloud Solutions
Look for these exclusive, all-digital editions of Wall Street & Technology in 2011.
JULYReinventing the Data Center Budget and competitive pressures are forcing Wall Street firms to reinvent the data center.
AUGUSTHow Active Retail Traders Are Pushing the Technology Envelope Active individual traders are demanding -- and getting -- innovative tools and services from their retail brokers. Institutional traders should pay attention.
OCTOBERDATA LATENCY SPECIAL REPORT What is the next battleground in the low-latency race?
DECEMBERThe Multi-Asset Market Data Explosion Firms need to do more than keep up with the data explosion -- they need to make sense of it all.
Sign up for Wall Street & Technology's free digital subscription package and receive a full year of our digital issues along with three premium industry reports and 51 weeks of WS&T Daily, the best of Wall Street & Technology's daily news and analysis.