Founder & CEO, TABB GroupLarry Tabb is the founder and CEO of TABB Group, the financial markets' research and strategic advisory firm focused exclusively on capital markets. Founded in 2003 and based on the interview-based research methodology of "first-person knowledge" he developed, TABB Group analyzes and quantifies the investing value chain from the fiduciary, investment manager, broker, exchange and custodian, helping senior business leaders gain a truer understanding of financial markets issues.
Larry has published industry research analyzing ECNs; fixed income, equity and foreign exchange trading systems; back-office trade processing systems; broker workstations; analytical trading tools; infrastructure development tools; and foreign and emerging market technologies. He has written extensively on the changing market structure, exchanges and regulatory issues and business continuity as well as new technology trends in cost management, risk management, order management, best execution, algorithmic trading, dark pools, multi- and cross-asset trading, liquidity management, FIX, STP, connectivity, custody and advances in emerging technologies.
Articles by Larry Tabb
October 26, 2012If firms don't start to do a better job of testing software and systems, regulators may do that job for us. And then things will get really complicated.
August 06, 2012Fragmentation is wrecking one of the greatest financial markets of all time, according to Tabb Group’s Larry Tabb. In the wake of the Knight Capital fiasco, he says, the SEC should think hard about the market structure it has created, and do its utmost to rein it in.
May 23, 2012The more-robust capturing, reporting and clearing of FX forwards, NDFs and swaps should be counted as one of the more positive aspects created by the Dodd-Frank process, says Tabb Group CEO Larry Tabb.
- Partner (Quants) - TradingSpirit
- Automated Options Market-making - Architect/Lead Developer - DTG CM
- C++ Developer - Waterfront International, Ltd
- Software Implementation Consultant - SmartCo
- Business Intelligence Analyst - Mesirow Financial
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to enage customers through mobility - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center
- Next Generation Sales Enablement: Do you have what it takes to build the sales agent desktop of the future?
- Engagement Banking: Building Relationships Through Online and Mobile Channels
- InformationWeek 2013 IT Spending Priorities Survey
- Best Practices: Top Mobile Productivity Tools for Finance
- Research: 2012 Bank Systems/Wall Street Salary Survey
- Best Practices: 6 Steps to Developing a Risk-Based Security Strategy
- Review & Analysis: 3 MDM Suites
- High performance total protection Fortinet security solutions for the financial services sector
- Data Loss Prevention White Paper
- Accelerate software delivery in the complex financial services market
- Reduce exception item processing costs: New technology paves the way to new savings
- IBM InfoSphere: Solutions for Insurance