Editor, InformationWeekChris Murphy is editor of InformationWeek magazine and Global CIO columnist on IT strategy issues. He has been covering technology leadership and strategy issues for InformationWeek since 1999. Before that, he was editor of the Budapest Business Journal, a business newspaper in Hungary; and a daily newspaper reporter in Michigan, where he covered everything from crime to the car industry. Murphy studied economics and journalism at Michigan State University, has an M.B.A. from the University of Virginia, and has passed the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exams.
Articles by Chris Murphy
August 06, 2012Vanguard is bringing a true techie back in to lead IT, but his job will be about a lot more than technology.
June 08, 2012Few IT shops will ever work on a project as big as this historic banking acquisition. But some tactics Wells Fargo used make sense for smaller scale mergers and consolidation projects.
- Partner (Quants) - TradingSpirit
- Automated Options Market-making - Architect/Lead Developer - DTG CM
- C++ Developer - Waterfront International, Ltd
- Software Implementation Consultant - SmartCo
- Business Intelligence Analyst - Mesirow Financial
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Taking Customer Communications Management Beyond Legacy Systems
- The ROI of Mobile Photo Bill Pay
- How Cloud Facilitates an Agile Contact Center
- Increasing Transparency & Reducing Risk in a Rapidly Evolving World of OTC Derivatives
- Delivering on Real-time and Cross-Channel Fraud Detection: Effectively Responding to Increasing Velocity and Channels
- InformationWeek 2013 IT Spending Priorities Survey
- Best Practices: Top Mobile Productivity Tools for Finance
- Research: 2012 Bank Systems/Wall Street Salary Survey
- Strategy: Passwords Don't Work. Now What?
- Strategy: How to Conduct an Effective IT Security Risk Assessment
- High performance total protection Fortinet security solutions for the financial services sector
- Data Loss Prevention White Paper
- Accelerate software delivery in the complex financial services market
- Customer Experience Management For Financial Services Institutions
- Closing the Loop: Using the Voice of the Customer to Improve Branch Operations